Chronicle of an unemployed guy

I intend to chronicle my efforts in finding a job. Thanks for following and for your support.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An encouraging day

Today I was able to resolve my issue with Microsoft Word 2007. I had emailed a resume and cover letter to a potential employer and was notified that they could not open my documents for whatever reason.

A simple save as Word 1997-2003 on my computer and another email to the prospective employer and they notified me that they were successful in opening it. I was lucky that they actually took the time to notify me of the problem. It makes me wonder how many resumes and cover letters I have sent that were just trashed because the recipient couldn't open it.

I received a tip of a new business opening up in the Batesville area and they are looking for telemarketers to help them begin the cold call process of getting new members to join their facility, which will be open in April. In my follow-up, the manager asked me to stop by Thursday to talk about a possible position. I fear it won't be what I want, but I am not sure if I can be choosy right now.

I also have composed my proposal to start a Job Seekers Club in Greensburg and Decatur County and I will be presenting this to the Mayor of Greensburg on Thursday, hoping for his buy in. I feel confident about this.

This should be a big thing and I hope that if it is successful, it will look good on my resume. While I want to help people, yes, I do have a little selfishness involved here - I need a job and am doing what I can to help my cause. Hopefully, an employer will look at this initiative as a sign of my ability to be a forward-thinker and a person who likes to get things accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment