Chronicle of an unemployed guy

I intend to chronicle my efforts in finding a job. Thanks for following and for your support.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not much today

It was kind of a cruddy day for me today. I didn't make many advances on the job search front, so I feel it was a wasted day.

I did, however, get some exercise in today, something that is lacking in my daily routine. I need to get serious about it and get back in the flow of physical activity.

I sent a resume and cover letter via email to a place in Greensburg on Monday, but was notified today that my Word doc and resume could not be opened because I used Microsoft Word 2007. It makes me wonder if there have been other places that couldn't open my resume and cover letter and they just weren't nice enough to inform me. This could be a problem and I need to figure it out. I guess I will download Word 2003 to see if that can correct the issue.

Still considering starting a job club of some sort to see what comes out it. But I can't let that idea bog me down causing me to delay my search for an actual paying position.

No comments:

Post a Comment