Chronicle of an unemployed guy

I intend to chronicle my efforts in finding a job. Thanks for following and for your support.

Friday, January 22, 2010

End of week 3

While I am still unemployed, I feel there has been some progress made on finding suitable employment.

I had a couple of good leads this week, although nothing has panned out just yet. The one I am most hoping for is a Field Claims Representative for an insurance company. This is right up my alley and would put me on the road in two counties in my area, interacting with body shops, something I am familiar with.

The other position requires a college degree, but strings are being pulled trying to get my foot in the door. It helps to have people networking for you. Nothing has come of it yet, but I feel the opportunity may be there in the next couple of weeks.

Still exploring the possibility of taking some college courses and of course there is always the possibility of starting my own blogging business, although being self-employed is a scary thing.

This past week, I have written two press releases, one for a political candidate and one for a new business that opened up in downtown Greensburg. Although neither one offered any compensation for my efforts.

I also started a Face Book page for the political candidate and I have that up and running for him. This has been interesting as I have been able to attract about 300 friends to his page. It is a good start to his campaign and it amazes me how social electronic networking may play in this year's election.

No comments:

Post a Comment